Wonders of Raising Aria

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer is here. Ugh.

I can't believe that July is almost upon us. Where did 2006 go?? I swear I was just getting use to the idea of writing '06' and it's almost half over. Aria's 3 Mommie & Me classes are finally over. So far, our summer is looking pretty empty compared to what we're usually used to. We only have summer school on Weds. and swimming classes on Thurs., but besides that we have nothing else planned. I usually like to get her out of the house at least 3 times a week so we don't turn into complete hermits. Also, once she starts preschool in the Fall, I will not have much as much bonding time with Aria as I do now. I got to get cracking on planning things to do with her.
We had swimming lessons today and she started off terribly. It didn't help that we're the only ones in the class right now. I think most kids are still in school and by July our class will be filled. So far, it's just me, Aria and her instructor Christina. Christina is really wonderful with Aria. Aria's screaming her head off because the pool was pretty cool and she didn't want to get her head dunked. Majority of the class was spent with Aria crying. It was a very painful 25 mins for everyone. Once class was over, we're allowed to stay in the pool for free play. We ended up staying for another 1 1/2 hours. She didn't want to leave. I guess it takes Aria a while to warm up to swimming. Hopefully, she'll do better next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home