Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, August 28, 2006

Highlights of vacation.

Our vacation was awesome. We visited my sister and her BF at their new house in Sacramento. She made my visit great by scheduling everything and simply taking us everywhere. It was really fun hanging out with her because we did things we both love doing ie: shopping and eating! Yes, we ate alot, (2 buffet places in 3 days!) but I don't feel the least bit guilty because the company was great. I miss my sister and her BF already.



Here's Aria in her seat, ready for take off.



One of the places that we visited was Fairytale Town in Sacramento. I've never been there even though I grew up in Sactown. Sad huh? I was really neat to be able to experience it with Aria and my little sis. Fairytale Town is an older theme park based on classical fairy tales and fables like 'Old Woman and the Shoe', 'Jack and the Beanstalk', 'King Arthur's Castle', 'Jack and Jill' and tons of others. It's a great place for kids to explore without any mechanical rides. We had a blast there.





King Arthur's Castle.

Old Lady's shoe.



Jack's Beanstalk. It's a slide!


I don't know this fable either. Chinese man on a giant turtle...


Cinderella's coach.

Aria on a block of cheese. I don't know which fable this is from.


My sister and her BF took us to Marine World on Thurs. Here's another place that I've never been to when I was young (I was a deprived child). I expected the place to only have marine life but boy was I wrong. Marine World features a combination wildlife park, oceanarium and theme park. We weren't able to explore the whole park but we hit alot of the main attractions like the killer whale show, the dophin show, elephant show and one roller coaster ride. Aria was very upset when she killer whale Shouka splashed her with water. She's such a clean freak. I actually got to touch an elephant and a stingray! Aria's favorite was the butterfly atrium. She touched a butterfly that was sitting on the ground (touching of butterflies were not allowed though). She wanted to hang out longer there but we didn't want to miss the elephant show.



We got to feed parrots from small cups containing nectar. Well, I fed them, Aria watched.

Sorry for the dark and blurry pic. It was dark in there.




Walus sneaking up on Aria.



Shouka The Killer Whale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home