Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, June 26, 2006

Updates

Potty Training:
I think Aria's is potty trained. Okay, I haven't tested the overnight san diaper part, but she's fully off the diapers during the day. I'm so proud of her. No accidents (except for this one time in a department store where I thought she peed for literally a full min. and the closest thing around me to absorb all that pee was a bunch of multiply packs of striped socks. Yes I used them. ) no drama about not wanting to use the potty, no needs to bribe her with treats or stickers. Ahh, I love easy transitions. Now I really got to start carrying that portable seat around and get her some cute Hello Kitty underwears.

Speech:
Aria's vocab. is amazing. There are too many words that she knows to list and she speaks in full sentences. So of the words that she uses that really impress me are : organize, refrigerator, computer, computer games, washing machine, decorate, sissors and pregnant. It's even more amazing the way she uses them.
Conversation from last night:

Aria: Where's daddy?
me: In the other room.
Aria: Is he playing computer games?

Hahaha.. she knows A.'s addictions.
I don't want to brag but she's pretty bright. I think she gets that from her dad's side of the family.

Behavior:
Aria's tantrums has gotten a lot worst over the past month. Time-outs don't work on her anymore, she'll cry/whine during the duration. Her whinings are so dramatic. I literally have to walk away from her, regain my barings, then go back and calmly tell her to mellow out. When is this phase going to pass???
She also will not share now with kids she don't know and kids she does not like. I guess that may be usual but she was never like that before. I guess I just don't want her to be pushed around and I don't want her to be rude and bully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home