Wonders of Raising Aria

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Got hosed.

It was really hot yesterday so I decided to let Aria go and play in her outdoor waterpool. I've been using a plastic turtle sandbox as a wading pool for Aria because I find it more durable than the flimsy kid pools. While she was in it, she asked me to let her hold the water hose. So I placed the camera down on the platform of slide which was right next to the pool. I handed Aria the hose and within literally 20 secs. ( I kid you not) she hosed the platform of the slide and my camera. I was flabbergasted. I couldn't get mad at her because 1) I was the one who put the camera on the platform and she didn't know about it 2) I was the one who gave her the hose. My heart dropped. Yip, the camera is messed up. Water got in it and now the shutter speed and the color is way off. I really, really like that camera too. A. got it to document Aria's birth at the hospital. Call me sentimental but I really thought I was going to keep it for a long time and eventually pass it on to her. That camera was like a part of me. I always have it on my hip whenever we go out so I can capture anything interesting that comes my way. I hate having attachments to material goods but darn it, I was attached to that camera. A. offered to buy a new one but I think I'm going to punish myself a little more and hold off on a purchase. I'm secretly wishing that it'll heal itself and will miraculously be fine in a couple of days. That's why I haven't touched it today. Well, I'll share a couple of pictures taken before the tragic accident occurred.
Teasing the dog with the hose.

Aria with our bunny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home