Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day Weekend update.

I can't say it enough, God, it's hot! Yes, it's been a sweltering weekend. This is also the last weekend before Aria starts school again. She's going to have one very busy schedule. I wanted us to have a relatively relaxing weekend before the chaos starts up.

On Saturday, we took Aria to Home Depot to try our hands on their free kids' workshop event. Aria made a football peg shelf this month. Then we headed out to Santa Fe Dam located in Irwindale. Maggie and her hubby invited us to join them and a local church group there. It was swelter out there too but at least Aria was able to cool off by swimming in the man made lake. She enjoyed the water while I decided to stay on the shore. I'm not too fond of getting wet. We stayed for almost 4 hours and decided to head home. We later had dinner with A.'s friend Mauricio at an all-you-can-eat Korean B.B.Q. restaurant. I was too busy eating to take any pictures. I walked out of there smelling like meal and loving it. Aria ate really well there, surprisingly. She's now a new fan of bulgogi.

On Sunday, we went to Skirball. Aria is still not tired of the place even though we were just there 3 days ago. I, on the other hand, can skip that place for a couple of weeks. Afterwards, we met up with A.'s parents who were babysitting Bella and Layla. We all hang out at A.'s brother's place and went out for dinner.

Monday was a day of relaxation for me. I didn't leave the house once. A. took Aria to the Y for 3 hours of swimming while I lounged at home in front of the T.V. I accidentally got sucked into an Anthony Bourdain marathon on The Travel Network and spent hours journeying with him through Indonesia, Hong Kong, Scotland, China, and Guana. Love his personality and his take on different culture. I especially liked his hour episode on Hong Kong. Makes me nostalgic for my homeland. I hope Aria will have the opportunity to experience the culture there one day.



Painting her project at Home Depot.



The girls (Aria & Alicia) gave Tony (Alicia's dad) a back massage.

Alicia and Aria.


At the Skirball. This is one of my favorite sculptures there.



They had a performance group in the outside court. Aria was able to play an instrument with the band.


Here she is picking up poop again. This time with a mop.


Doing arts and craft with Bella.


Layla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home