Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend recap.

We had a fairly busy weekend.
On Saturday, we saw a Saturday morning performance of the of Sleeping Beauty at the Whitefire Theatre . Alice, Cassidy and Michael also joined us. The whole play was an hour long and the kids sat through it without an incidence. Aria was even brave enough to go up on stage a couple of times for some kids/actor interaction. Great fun. After the play the kids were allow to go and get autographs from each of the actors. Aria was able to take pics with Sleeping Beauty and The Prince.

Afterwards, we had lunch at Roman's. Aria and Cassidy insisted on sitting at their own table. They were so well behaved that we went next door for a dessert of cookies and milk. I ended up eating way too much as usual. We capped our Saturday afternoon with our usual visit to Lakeshore for their free arts and crafts.

Saturday night happened to be our turn for date night so we dropped Aria off at Alice's around 4 to catch a 4:30 showing of 3:10 to Yuma. What a great movie. Also helped to have Christian Bale playing one of the main characters. He's a hottie. After the movie, we ate at our usual Japanese sushi place and picked Aria up afterwards. She had a blast at Cassidy's as usual. Alice mentioned that Aria was very polite and well-behaved. I don't know if that's entirely true but I was glad to hear that everyone had a fun time. The girls reenacted the Sleeping Beauty play from that morning and transformed Alice's living room into a big stage. There were pillows everywhere. Alice turned down my offer to help her clean up.

On Sunday, A. took care of Aria all day while I went to an all day stamp camp. A demonstrator selling Stampin' Up products threw the 5 hours course at her home. I've been to another one of her sessions before where she was selling Creative Memories products. I came away from that event feeling that I wasn't meant to be a scrapbooker. But I didn't feel that way with stamping. I loved Sunday's class! I think stamping is my new passion. I love the fact that I can create something with paper, ink and stamps and the project can be completed in a short period of time vs. scrapbooking where I feel there's alot more planning, endless pages after pages, etc. I might actually make Aria's birthday invites this year. Can't wait to start.



Waiting for the play to start. That's Aria's stuff dog Bingo. Cassidy's right next to her.



Some kids went up on stage to sing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider'. Michael, Cassidy's 20 months old brother actually went up too. He's behind the girl in the blue shirt.


Here's one with flash.


Picture with Sleeping Beauty.


The Prince.


She made this at Lakeshore. Don't ask me what it is, I don't know. Please excuse the way she's sitting.


I made these! Aren't they beautiful??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home