Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, August 07, 2006

Reconnection.

I got an unexpected phone call from an old friend that I've known since college. The last time that I talked to her was last Nov. at Aria's birthday party. Back then she only had one child and was pregnant with her second. Now she's a mother of two and her newborn really isn't a newborn anymore. She's almost 6 months old and she's named Kira . I can't believe how time flies. We talked for over 2 hours today. It was so nice to catch up with her, to share our feelings about being mothers, to have straight forward dicussions about men, sex and shopping.
I've been feeling rather lonely lately. Yes, I know alot of moms in the neighborhood and we have playgroups, yada, yada, yada, but to find someone to have stimulating conversations with, someone who you really click with, is hard. I can't say I have anyone (besides A. and my sister) who I can do that with. But receiving my friend's call made me realize that I really miss talking to her. Our conversation flowed effervescently. She's someone special whom I should really make an effort to reconnect with. I think A. and Aria and I are going to visit her this weekend to finally meet her second daughter. I'm going to try to be a better friend and not let so much time slip by without conversing with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home