Wonders of Raising Aria

Sunday, October 22, 2006

New purchase.



I was at Walmart this morning with Aria and I spotted a new product in the kid's area. I just saw the commercial for it yesterday and was pretty impress with the product. Moon Sand claims "to looks and feels like sand yet it can be to molded into any shape, like dough. Once you create a sculpture just bake the sand and it will keep its shape forever. When you feel inspired to do another masterpiece, warm it up again and crumble it back to sand. The sand never hardens and never dries out." Aria remembered the commercial and showed alot of interest in it too (surprise, surprise). Well it was going for only $20 so I decided to purchase it for her. We opened it up just now and A. and Aria are having a go at it. I have to say that I'm not too impressed with it. The sand is very hard to get out of the mold. You've got to tap the mold alot and the odds of the sand retaining the shape of the mold is slim. All the pieces that A. has gotten out of the mold were all misshaped. They've made a great mess and there's sand pretty much everywhere. I think I rather have Aria play with regular sand outside in her sandbox. There's Moon Sand everywhere right now. A.'s very patient with Aria and is trying to clean it up. I don't want to look at it or it'll give me a headache. I'm sticking to good old playdoh from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home