Wonders of Raising Aria

Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer.

Summer is here in full swing. I've been keeping Aria busy with playdates, outings to local areas and summer school. I can't believe Aria has already finished her 2nd week of summer school. It's still the same school with one of the same teachers and same students from her previous class. Things have not gone well for her unfortunately. She threw a major tantrum at school yesterday and even the director couldn't calm her down. I showed up to pick her up from school to see Aria huddled in the corner of her classroom balling her eyes out and refusing to be touched by anyone, even me. That hurts. I couldn't even calm my own child down. She has never threw a tantrum like this except for one previous time from home and that was because she had to go to school. I think school is affecting her in a negative way and she is not able to verbalize it to me. I'm so frustrated with the whole thing because the school that she is in is one of the best ones around. Where can she go from there???
On a happier note, she's doing great in swimming and that's only after a few sessions once a week. The teacher said she's the best swimmer in her class. I'm hoping that they will promote her to the next level soon. I'm also starting her in an intense swimming course where she goes everyday for 2 weeks, excluding the weekends at another swim school. The owner of that school claims that most kids, after completion of the program, will be able to swim 5 - 12 feet on their own. I'm can't wait to see that take place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home