Wonders of Raising Aria

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Updates.

Sorry for the lack of postings and updates lately. I've been busy finishing off both of our school year (my ceramic class and Aria's preschool). Also Aria's been a handful for the past couple of weeks. A few weeks ago she threw a massive tantrum right before school. She refused to go and A. and I had to hold her down to even change her. She fought us, yanked A.'s hair and even bite my arm. I was sooo shocked by her behavior. I considered not making her go but she only had 2 classes left and she already skipped the previous class. She cried all the way there. I kept on asking her why she refused to go and she wouldn't tell me. The director had to comfort her for 20 mins. before she messed back with her classmates.
A. thinks Aria is not enjoying school because she doesn't have any friends there. I think he might be right. All the kids are in clicks and Aria's not in any of them. I've been trying to set up some playdates for her outside of school but this school year is over already and I don't really know any of the moms well. It breaks my heart to hear Aria say that certain kids are not nice to her or that some of them don't talk to her. I can only do so much for her in terms of setting up playgroups but Aria needs to be more outgoing and social and that's something that I don't know how to teach her.
Aria has been giving me major attitude at times. I don't know why she's doing this. She's so stubborn too and there's no convincing her out of it if her mind's set on something. I love my little girl but I really wish she was more easy going. She's like a little adult at times. Here's an example. I was driving along and we were discussing how she's a lucky girl and then I made an abrupt stop at the light and Aria immediately said, "I'm not so lucky anymore because you (referring to me) made that stop and shook me." Something along that line... A. laugh his ass off, I chuckled but geez, what 3 years old would say that?! She's so cynical at times.
Well, during my break from posting, we took advantage of the great weather and visited alot of places. We hit California Disney, Huntington Library, and Kidspace (twice), with Alice, Cassidy and Michael. We also did a birthday party, went to a couple of fairs and enjoy a wonderful visit from my sister. I'm post some pics when I get a chance.
Aria also started her swimming lessons and will be starting summer school next week. I'm poopled. I'm going to have some chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home