Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, February 19, 2007

Snack mom.

I was snack mom at Aria's preschool last Thurs. That means I was responsible for providing snacks to 16 hungry kids during snack at 10:15 AM. If I had free rein, I would give the candy and soda so they'll love me but.. kidding, just kidding. My menu for the kids was juice, cheese quesadilla, baby carrots and animal crackers. Everything was a hit except for the carrots, surprise, surprise. I decided to stay for the whole class to see what Aria's day is like. Preschool for Aria entails alot of free playing. First they played outdoor, then it was snack and then some indoor playing. I did'nt see much academics being taught.

My little girl didn't play with alot of other kids. She tends to play by herself. That worries me. I don't want her to be 'the loner' in elementary school. Yes, I want her to be part of the click. I remember how awkward I felt in elementary school and I don't want that for her. I hope preschool will improve her social skills. She does have a few favorite friends that she loves playing with but unfortunately they don't attend the same preschool as Aria does. Registration for the new school year is coming up soon and A. and I are probably going to keep her at her current school. It is one of the best ones in the area. I think I'm just going to assume that preschool is helping Aria socially and try to teach Aria the academic stuff at home in the afternoons.


Anthony, Zoe, and Aria. Yes, Anthony is wearing a princess costume. He did it by choice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home