Wonders of Raising Aria

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Second day

I just dropped Aria off at her preschool. She's going on day 2. I asked her to go locate her cubbie hole and she was able locate the right one! Today, I stayed with her for about 15 mins. just enough time to see her do her arts & craft project for the day. She was able to locate her name on a piece of paper for her project. That shocked me since I didn't know she knew. After arts & craft, I told her that I was leaving to see daddy (that's a lie) and that I'll see her later. She said 'no' but I left anyways. Hey, it's gotta happen sooner or later, right? I spied on her through the window and she looked lost but she didn't cry. Very proud of her. I hope her day at preschool goes well. I was able to run an errand before heading home to eat breakfast. I'm having a great morning.
Update: I almost cried when I picked Aria up. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was having the time of her life, sing and dancing with the rest of the kids. My friend (who worked today) told me that Aria did great and didn't cry for me once. Her first 1/2 of an hour was kind of somber but after that she adjusted very well and was interacting with everyone. The teacher told me that she was a real chatterbox and socialized really well. She said Aria was like a different kid than when I was around. Guess I should take that as a compliment. My little girl did great.
I caught her giving a classmate a hug. I've never seen her do that before. She's not very affectionate to other people so it was a pleasant surprise. I think she made many new friends today. Sorry for the overexposed picture. I wasn't ready for the shot.

See how happy she was?? I'm very relieved that she did fine today. It's a great way to start a new school year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home