Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, November 13, 2006

Aria turned 3!

Aria had her 3rd Birthday on Saturday. We held it at Playsource, an indoor playground 20 mins. from our house from 5:30 PM till 7:30 PM. Traffic was really bad and we were actually 7 mins. late to our own party. I walked in to see alot of our friends already there, enjoying the fun. Unfortunately, Aria fell asleep on the ride there and was very grumpy when I woke her up at the party. I can't have the Birthday Girl sleep through her own party! I took her 10 mins. to perk up but once she did she had a blast with all her friends. Pretty much everyone I invited showed up except for 2 people. That worked out great because I only had a set number of goody bags made (by the Playsource people, not by me). I was so thankful that my sister and her boyfriend were there because they helped me so much with loading and unloading of the food and supplies. I don't think it would have ran so smoothly without their help.
I purchased Costco sandwiches, A. ordered Pizza Hut pizzas and my sister and I made all the other dishes to save money. My polish sausage in teriyaki sauce and my sister's pasta salad were hits. People keep asking me the recipe for the salad and I told them that we improvised and made it an hour before the party with a simply bottle of Italian dressing, veggies and salt and pepper. My sister should be on Top Chef! Aria had a blast at her party and I think everyone had a good time. It was so much fun to see her understand the concept that it was her special event. She was excited about blowing out the candles. The only regret that I had was not taking more pictures but I got caught up with socializing. I was so touched that one of my college friends made the long trek out to Aria's party. I wish I had more time to talk to her in person. She was shocked to see that I'm preggie. Oops, I've beeen meaning to call her and tell her.
Overall, I think the party was a success. Everyone showed except for one mommy & her son. There were just enough party favors to go around. Everyone went home full. Another birthday over.


Nathan giving Aria a kiss. He's so cute.

















Aria and her cousin Bella.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home