Wonders of Raising Aria

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ceramic 101

I don't know if I've mentioned that I'm enrolled in a ceramic class that takes place every Tues. nights. I had grand visions of making wonderful ceramic pieces that will eventually get distributed out to friends and family as gifts. Well, now I know that I was kidding myself because I[ve been procastinating. I haven't been very diligent in working on my ceramics for a while now until this last week. I think it's because my schedule has finally opened up and I find myself with more free time. I've been working on ceramic almost everyday. Thought I'll show you some works in progress before I take them to class to have them put into the kiln. I don't know how these pieces will turn out, whether they'll crack or not, but hopefully they'll survive and will eventually make nice gifts. All the pieces are hand tossed and are still in the greenware stage (before firing). I haven't mastered working clay on the wheel yet because the teacher is hesitant to teach that until a student has been in the class for more than one semester. I don't know if I'll last for more than one semester.


Leaf bowl. I used a leaf and imprinted it into Long Beach clay.

Leaf plate.


Another leaf plate. Ah... there's a theme here, huh?


Leaf/heart cup.



Plain vase, no leaves....yet.


The whole collection so far. There's another piece not shown that's in-the-works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home