Wonders of Raising Aria

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ikea run.

It's Spring Break for Aria which means that she's off from preschool and YMCA classes for a week. I'm trying to fill up this week with activities to keep Aria busy. Yesterday, she decided to spend her first day of Spring Break at home vegging and watching back to back episodes of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. We didn't leave the house once. No more vegging. Today I decided to take her to Ikea and let her run loose in all the departments. To me, Ikea's the adult version of Disneyland. I love going there. We met up with Alice and her kids there. Aria has been spending alot of time with Cassidy and she loves every minute of it. Alice and I decided to try putting Cassidy and Aria into Ikea's supervised play area. I was worried that Aria would have detachment issues when I left but nope, she did fine. They had a blast at Ikea. We even had a lunch of hotdog, lindenberry juice and yougurt cone there. After 5 hours there, we called it a day and Aria passed out on the car ride home.



Here's Aria and Cassidy having a tea party inside a tent.



I have no clue what they are laughing at but it was fun watching them.


I love the look of this room. This photo doesn't do it justice.


Ikea had the area outside of the kiddy area painted with chalkboard paint so a big wall became a big drawing area for the kids. The kids used it while we were waiting for free spots at the play area. It made waiting bearable for them and for me.




Here are Aria and Cassidy discussing world politics or the color violet, both of equal importance to them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home