Wonders of Raising Aria

Monday, October 29, 2007

Visit to the hospital.

We visited A.'s grandmother this pass Sunday morning. She's currently in the hospital after suffering a stroke 2 weeks ago. A.'s parents were also there. A.'s grandmother is doing well but she has lost some mobility to her left side of her body. The doctors are feeding her via a feeding tube to better monitor her progress. Aria was allowed to go up with us to see her great-grandmother. Because we've explained to Aria ahead of time, she wasn't weirder out by the tubes or her great-grandmother's lack of mobility.

I left my camera in the car so I wasn't able to take any pictures while we were there. I missed the opportunity to capture 4 generations of A.'s family together. I also missed capturing moments of Aria tenderly holding her great grandmother's hand and her stroking her face and forehead. A.'s grandmother only speaks Mandarin so I or Aria wasn't able to communicate with her. Aria didn't understand why her great grandmother was in the hospital but she did try to make her feel better by comforting her in small ways. She tried to tuck her blanket in for her. I was so touched when I saw that.

I hope A.'s grandmother makes good progress so that she can be moved back home. She looks so small and frail in that hospital bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home